Save some money
1. Owning a breed of dog that is considered vicious. Homeowners liability insurance can be higher because the chance of a dog bite is greater. Spike dog might be cute and be great around you, but not around others.
2. Buying a home in an area that is prone to tornados or hurricanes can really cost Texas home insurance companies and you.
3. Most homeowners, who have filed insurance claims, will see a cost increase. Those who have not, have cheaper premiums.
4. Having high deductibles will keep costs down. If a storm breaks a tree limb, it can cost $250 to get it cut down. If your homeowners premium is $250, than you will not file an insurance claim, which keeps your premiums lowered. If your deduction is $100, than you would file a claim. Insurance is security for major financial losses.
5. Buying a newly built home will lower premiums. There are less major problems with it.
6. Personal property that you own, such as furniture and jewelry, should be insured for the actual cost to replace it, not an inflated value.
7. Homeowners need to protect their credit score. Bad scores can increase your premium. Buying a motorcycle and not making the payments on time, can cost you.
Controlling certain factors will keep Texas home insurance down, with more money in your pocket.