Buying car insurance is the important thing that should be on the top of your mind. One should know what your insurance policy covers and what are the necessary insurance protection required. If you are not having insurance then you will end up paying dollars. Liability insurance pays your lawyer to help you defend any lawsuit or claim. Car insurance is an important purchase. Understand your policy properly to protect yourself from loss.
If you meet with an accident, you should :
- Stay calm.
- Call the respective authorities and inform them about the injuries that happened.
- Check where you are injured and apply first aid if it is necessary
- Record the address,name and phone number of the driver. Note down the license number and model of the vehicle involved in the accident.
- Collect the phone numbers, names and addresses of all the witness and the passengers.
- Take a snap of the accident spot.
- Keep a copy of the police report from the investigating officer.
- Notify about the accident to your car insurance immediately. Contact your agent also immediately.
Follow the below tips when you meet with an accident.
- If you have met with an accident, your car insurance company will protect you financially for the limits you have for your car damage and the injuries you have got due to accident.
- Check whether the state you stay will have no fault system or tort system.
- If you meet with an accident, try to protect others and yourself.
- Take the help of insurance agents when you are filing a claim.