Driving is always a part of your daily routine. While driving to school, work or even holidays, you will end up spending most of your time on roads. Do remember, there are instances where things do change in split seconds. A brake fail, tire blow out, a car ahead of you deviates from it’s path causing a jerk to you and your passengers and many more. You need to always be prepared to face such emergencies.
Blown Out Tires
This is a frequently occurring instance. Instead of sudden brakes in a situation where the vehicle is in speed, do the following:
- Keep the gas pedal squeezed for few seconds and release it slowly.
- Drive straight, do not take immediate turns until the vehicle slows down. When in speed, you tend to lose control over the vehicle when trying to take a turn.
- Gently take your car towards the hard shoulder, preferably on same side of blown out tire.
- When the car slows down, if necessary apply brakes lightly.
Failure of Brakes
When car brake fails, do not panic. Instead follow the below steps:
- Quickly pump the brakes trying to build up a residual pressure.
- Pull to lower gear. Due to friction and wind pressure, the car will slow down.
- Using hand brake would bring you vehicle to safe mode.
- Find some bushes, fence or even guard rails on road to rub your car against them to bring your vehicle to a halt.
Few situations where a bicyclist interrupts your way, a vehicle ahead of you meets with an accident or applies sudden brake, a pedestrian passes by, causing a sudden brake to your vehicle. You should know how to stop your vehicle quickly, yet safely. If you have anti lock brakes installed, then you can slam on it and hold to it until the car completely stops. Anti lock brakes helps in controlling the steering. If, you do not have the safety device installed then, gently squeeze brakes to ensure the wheels do not skid. Until the vehicle comes to halt, do not try to turn the wheel as brakes locked will block the steering and an attempt can make you to lose control over your vehicle.
Antique car owners may think they have their work cut out for them when they shop for auto insurance, but in truth as long as the following 3 concerns are kept in focus and addressed, it should be no more difficult than getting insurance for any other type of vehicle.
1. Regular auto insurance won’t suffice. If you’ve got an antique car, your best bet is to get an antique car insurance quote. The difference is huge, and can be summed up in the amount of money the insurer will pay out if your antique car is damaged, stolen, or totaled. Standard insurance pays out based on book value, but your antique’s true value may not be best represented by this. When you shop for auto insurance for an antique, coverage has to be based on “Agreed Value.”
2. Don’t over-insure. There’s a difference between getting insurance for a car you use all the time, and one you only drive on weekends or that you only display at car shows. You can save a good bit of money on premiums if you don’t use your antique on a regular basis and that limited usage is a part of the contract.
3. Keep records of the money you put in to your antique car. As anyone who’s ever owned a classic or a road-worthy antique, there’s a lot of maintenance and upkeep that goes into keeping them tip top and operational. These expenses figure into the value of your vehicle and should be a big part of the entire “agreed value” discussions. Be prepared to fork over evidence of your investments.
If you are planning to add a new feather to your cap by owning a new porsche car, it is a good idea to sell your old car. When you have made up your mind of selling you car, you can do that little things in order to boost up it’s selling price and obtain good amount of benefit on it. Brace up your old auto before it is out there for sale, which can easily earn 20 to 30% more than it’s current value.
Tips to Turn Old as New
Cleaning your car: Remove the dirt and vacuum your car to present it in good condition. Just on paying $100 or say even less than that, there are professionals who can clean and do astonishing work to make your old car look new. The money invested here will reap it’s benefits later when sold.
Act of fixing up: Be it windshield wipers or blinker light or any other small parts of your vehicle is worn out, repairing or replacing them with new parts will make your car look fresh.
Accumulate all receipts: Ensure you have all the documents and receipts related to car from the time you bought the car till the date you put out for sale. Be it a repair, an insurance policy, if any violations or accident committed and claims made, any tickets related to vehicle number and maintenance work done. Exhibiting all these documents will help the buyers in estimating the risk. It will also build a confidence on the buyer that a routine check up is done and is free of hassle.
Seasonal Sale: Do a smart work before you buy or sell. A little research can prove to be the best way to sell your car. Estimate the current market value of your car and pen down your rates. This makes answering a buyer call easy. You can always promote your vehicle’s strength and reinforce the reason for asking a good price.
To make selling easy and hassle free, it is fair enough to take that necessary steps to add that little value to your car and obtain what’s deserved. While buying a new car, do that research, check for different models, it’s mileage, cost efficiency, it’s insurance value and then go for it. Presenting yourself as knowledgeable, can fetch those earnings.
It seems that everywhere you look, there are signs of financial distress. Even the credit rating of the United States has taken a hit, and you probably know a few people who are out of work. Given all of the uncertainty, is now really the best time to own a new car – especially when you consider factors like the high cost of new car insurance? Experts say that as long as you do your due diligence and compare auto quotes before buying, there’s no reason not to.
As it turns out, one of the greatest concerns that new car owners have – incredibly high rates for new car insurance – can be handily addressed just by shopping around and knowing your options.
Do you own a home? If you haven’t done so already, combine your home insurance policy with your auto insurance policy to get the biggest savings. Even some of the cheapest car insurance companies out there can’t compete when you compare auto quotes against those you’ll get from your home insurer.
Don’t own a home? You can still take advantage of a combo package if you have renter’s insurance or life insurance. Before looking anywhere else, check into this. You could be sitting on a practical goldmine of savings and not even know it.
The bottom line is this: there’s always going to be economic uncertainty. But as long as you know how to save money and you practice proven methods of doing so, like not settling on the first insurance company that will approve you, you can have the things that you deserve without sacrificing your financial well being.
You might have a hectic week at work and want to spend peacefully with your family over the weekend. Planning for small trips or a drive gives you pleasure. With no exceptions, you will be on long drive when your kids will be on vacations. Traveling with kids needs a little planning to head through long way. Here are few tips which can probably help you to make your journey with kids peaceful.
Quick Tips for Peaceful Drive
Carry the toys: In effect to make your luggage light, you might want to leave behind your kids toys, video games, coloring book or their favorite stuffed animal. Think over it again. This additional baggage would give you that additional peaceful time when your kid travels quiet in car or plane.
Plan accordingly: A small trip to a new place can be exciting for you, but it might not be the same for your kids. Kids would not like to stay away from their normal routine for too long. They get impatient and feel unsettled in long runs. Make sure your itinerary has some activities for kids to keep them entertained so they don’t get completely bored.
Substitutes: What is your back up plan? Say your flight got delayed, car broke down or flat tires are worsening the situations where you cant handle them easily when with kids. Plan ahead for such hang ups by having some entertainment, games or any back up until things are in place. Carry the contact numbers of your insurance agent or a friend who can help you, if you happen to come across such situations.
Add an extra hour: When on road trip which normally takes 4 hours can get extended to 5 hours as well after your stops for food, bathrooms or capturing moments in your camera. Do not fix on any timings, else you will be disappointed and stressed. Take that extra needed hour to relax and have a safe and peaceful drive with family.
With advance in technology, an increasing number of people are operating from home. Estimation made currently gives an output of nearly 43 million businesses established at home. Although, most people do not think of adding coverages when decided to work from their home. However, there are some limited coverages on their home insurance policies. It may not be enough to protect various equipments which you might use for the business. Liability insurance is meant to protect your business when liable fr any damage caused to others property. If business visitors or say clients when visit your home, this kind of insurance becomes necessary. Injured business visitors claims will not be protected by your home owners policy, so while doing business if someone gets injured at your office then you will have to pay the bill to bare their medical expenses.
Building Business At Home
Businesses carried at home requires different covers, it all depends on work nature and how are they carried out. You can ask your agent to build a policy tailoring your needs.
- Professional indemnity insurance is needed if you clients receive any advice by you. Say, If the information provided or work carried turns out to be faulty or the clients suffer a heavy financial loss, you will be liable for it.
- Public liability insurance is necessary if you had to encounter a public member in relation to nature of your work. An injury suffered or sustained by a member, then public liability insurance covers the cost involved. This sort of claims can be expensive, and hence vital to be properly covered.
- Business buildings insurance while you work from your home covers any damage caused due to disasters like floods and fires to your building. Remember, contents of your home is not covered with this insurance policy.
Home and Business Owners Combination Policy
The response from insurance industry on increase in number of home based businesses creates a combined comprehensive policy. You can now insure for nearly $200 per year to cover your business property worth of $10,000. The policy also includes general liability coverage. Because of any damage to your house, if your business needs to be closed then your in-home insurance policy will cover the incoming loss and outgoing expenses such as payroll for employees up to an year. A limited coverage is provided for any loss of accounts receivable, valuable documents, off-site business property and any use of equipments.
Ever since the beginning of computers in early 80s these comparative raters are available for a group of independent agents. Comparative raters ample stalk from the beginning of 9-inch monotonous monitors, floppy drive, just like the personal computers today. The products of comparative rating can see a unimaginable increase in the their services, at the same time the high cost of these valued services has been slow downed. But, the comparative rating focus value will be the compatible to assist the agents in capably providing the accurate and fast insurance quote.
Comparative rater is very quick at implementing the carrier’s rating changes, discrepancies in premium occur due to the lag-time between when the carrier implements the change and when the comparative rater does. They can keep the status quotes and send out their rating manual to the comparative rating companies who in turn interpret and implement the manual themselves and deploy the rating when requested by an agent.
Good Turn of Comparative Rating
- Criterion Work flow- It is a ample of time saver as a one hand process quoting for all carriers. To reconcile the suitable needs of today’s independent agent vendors must have a flexible setup. Also, vendors do work hardy with authorized management systems to assemble this process just above the quoting. Speed is a main benefit of a Criterion work flow.
- Moderate Loss Ratio – The loss ration would be the outcome for any agent. The agent cannot run the business if he is inefficient to manage the loss ratio.
- Expulsion of Redundant Entry – The advantage is that you can just enter the information just once with the capability to bridge the management systems and the point-of-sale systems provided by carrier. The customers would be provided with faster processing and with reduced opportunity for errors in data entry.
- Foremost Consumer Price – Comparative rating allows you to find the low cost insurance and its been of great use in today’s changing market. Lowest down payment and the monthly premiums are evaluated in many systems by the agents, which allows the client to select the most important in them..
- Market Knowledge – Its been seen that agents have been provided an useful tool by comparative raters to assess alternate carriers. It would be nearly impossible for an agent to assess all of the carriers in all states without a comparative rater. In the upcoming days these comparative raters would provide keen insight into the markets.
When we buy car insurance, most of us don’t think about trailer coverage. But when you need a trailer to transport your jet skis to the beach, or simply to move furniture across town, you need to know whether your insurance policy covers your trailer in the event of damages.
Ask When You Buy Car Insurance
If you regularly tow a trailer, either for work or pleasure, you should find out about trailer coverage when you buy car insurance. Ask your car insurance agent whether your trailer is included in your liability coverage, and if it’s not, ask how to get trailer coverage. Insurance carriers that don’t offer trailer coverage in a regular policy may offer it as an add-on, though this might drive up your insurance rates. You’re best advised to compare quotes from a number of carriers to find out which offers the best deal on trailer coverage before you buy car insurance. And remember, for the best coverage, you’ll need more than just liability insurance. Make sure you buy car insurance that offers comprehensive so you’re covered in the event that your trailer is damaged or stolen.
Trailer Coverage for Rentals
If you don’t own a trailer, but rent one every now and then, check your policy when you buy car insurance to see if trailers are covered. Even if they aren’t, most reputable rental companies will give you the option of getting temporary coverage. Either way, make sure you’re sufficiently insured before you tow any trailer off the lot.
If you’re like most Americans, you love your car. You spend hours every week driving to and from work, dropping the kids off at school, and running errands. On the weekends, your car gets you to family, friends, and fun. So it’s only logical that when you compare auto insurance quotes, you want to choose an insurance company that answers your questions quickly, knows the details of your policy, and provides you with immediate assistance in emergencies.
Top-Notch Customer Service
When you compare auto insurance, the easy part is that you’ll get a taste of how customer-driven an insurance company is from the moment you call to discuss your quote. If you’re put on hold for hours with one company, another company probably offers you faster service and more personal attention. And it’s only natural to ask questions when you compare auto insurance—but if the customer service representative is unable to answer them, or worse, unfriendly, you’re better off looking for a company that trains its personnel to be friendly and helpful. A customer-driven insurance company will provide you with as much information as possible when you compare auto insurance quotes, thereby assuring you that you and your car will be taken care of.
Compare Auto Insurance with AgentInsure
AgentInsure, one of America’s leading insurance comparison companies, can help you compare auto insurance and find the one that offers you the most comprehensive coverage for an affordable premium. What’s more, AgentInsure puts you in touch with a number of licensed insurance agents in your area who can help you select the right policy for you with an insurance company that offers top-notch customer service. Remember, when you compare auto insurance, service is as important as coverage!
How does AgentInsure work? Our powerful Insurance Engine locates an agent near you. In a matter of moments you have several rates from the most well-known insurance carriers. You don’t have to worry about your information, it’s guaranteed secure — we won’t sell or use your information other than to email you about the rates that you want more detail on.
AgentInsure makes searching for car insurance and home insurance easy! Want 1, 2, or 3 quotes to compare with your current car and home insurance policies? That’s easy, and it just takes a few minutes. GET INSTANT RATES from an insurance agent near you! At AgentInsure, choices become clear.