Highest car insurance costs are recorded in the state of Louisiana. Being a densely populated state, specially with more drivers in the urban areas more number of accidents takes place. Louisiana is an expensive state with high cost of living hence the medical expenses, car repairs and costs of litigation will also be high.
To drive in winter season it is really very difficult. Follow some of the tips to drive safely when the roads are slippery.
- See and Be Seen : See to that you brush the ice and snow off your car, so that it is visible while driving the car in traffic. Hot water cannot be used for your windshield. Turn on the defrosters to soften the snow and ice and later, to clear the windshield use plastic scraper.
- Slow Down : When you are driving the car in normal condition, you should maintain a distance of four seconds between your car and the car ahead of you. When you are driving in winter roads, increase the distance between the car to 8 seconds. This means that you are driving slowly, but driving this way in winter road will keep you safe and secure.
- Get Unstuck the Right Way : Do not spin your wheels when there is snowfall. You will get into trouble if you spin your vehicles. Try to find out the resistance between the ground and car. Try to clear the snow which is around the wheels and drive the car.
- Tackle a Skid the Smart Way :Try to follow the below steps when your car skids.
- Do not panic.
- Do not apply brakes.
- Turn the steering in the direction you wish to go.
- Wait till the car slows down so that you can regain the control of the car.
Holidays are always fun and are in full swing as you get time to spend with your family and friends. Be it Christmas or new year, easter or thanksgiving, you plan ahead to travel and visit places. When you are away from your home, you want be free of worries and tensions. With many incidents of burglary happening around the city, you want to feel secured. If you are leaving your car behind, you want to protect it from theft or any damage to it. Being the insurance people, we are, here are few tips for a peaceful and happy travel.
Tips – Consider Them
Hide it from the world – When ever you plan for vacations, do not spread the word. Once you are back from the trip you can post pictures and let people know about your holidays. Keep very few close friends or neighbors informed.
Do not abandon the house – Make people feel that you have not left the home alone. You can do it in several ways. Keep the front and back porch lights on, so that at night the lights are glowing. Ask your neighbor or friend to collect all your mails from mailbox and not to stack them when you are gone. You can even ask the post office to hold the drop of mail until you come back and collect them. If it is snowing, you can ask any of your friend to pull in and out of your driveway at some point. Before leaving home, check for dead bolt locks and switch on the burglar alarms for a safe journey.
Driving in extreme weather conditions – Do carry windshield washer fluid, ice scrappers, extra blankets, a small shovel, food packets. You never know when you may need them. Keep your phone battery fully charged and enough cash in case of emergencies.
Keep house warm – Turn on room heaters, keep the heat in your home at minimum level so that pipes wont freeze when snowing. Turn off the main water valve to drain out pipes. Ask your neighbor to have a check on your home. You can also ask the local police to keep an eye on your home as they patrol.
Ever since the beginning of computers in early 80s these comparative raters are available for a group of independent agents. Comparative raters ample stalk from the beginning of 9-inch monotonous monitors, floppy drive, just like the personal computers today. The products of comparative rating can see a unimaginable increase in the their services, at the same time the high cost of these valued services has been slow downed. But, the comparative rating focus value will be the compatible to assist the agents in capably providing the accurate and fast insurance quote.
Comparative rater is very quick at implementing the carrier’s rating changes, discrepancies in premium occur due to the lag-time between when the carrier implements the change and when the comparative rater does. They can keep the status quotes and send out their rating manual to the comparative rating companies who in turn interpret and implement the manual themselves and deploy the rating when requested by an agent.
Good Turn of Comparative Rating
- Criterion Work flow- It is a ample of time saver as a one hand process quoting for all carriers. To reconcile the suitable needs of today’s independent agent vendors must have a flexible setup. Also, vendors do work hardy with authorized management systems to assemble this process just above the quoting. Speed is a main benefit of a Criterion work flow.
- Moderate Loss Ratio – The loss ration would be the outcome for any agent. The agent cannot run the business if he is inefficient to manage the loss ratio.
- Expulsion of Redundant Entry – The advantage is that you can just enter the information just once with the capability to bridge the management systems and the point-of-sale systems provided by carrier. The customers would be provided with faster processing and with reduced opportunity for errors in data entry.
- Foremost Consumer Price – Comparative rating allows you to find the low cost insurance and its been of great use in today’s changing market. Lowest down payment and the monthly premiums are evaluated in many systems by the agents, which allows the client to select the most important in them..
- Market Knowledge – Its been seen that agents have been provided an useful tool by comparative raters to assess alternate carriers. It would be nearly impossible for an agent to assess all of the carriers in all states without a comparative rater. In the upcoming days these comparative raters would provide keen insight into the markets.