“At the moment of crash, all my family in the car still traveled at the car’s original speed. The rate of thrust we underwent due to impact made us loose our senses ” recalls John, Ohio after the major traffic disaster he had last month. All manufactured vehicles must certainly meet specific safety standards which are put forth by automobile industries of Ohio, to avoid accidents or lawsuits in such events. Insurance companies must insist on safety standards for claiming. Recently, few companies also take car’s safety features into consideration when drawing up their rates.
Two types of safety devices are always recommended to avoid major accident prone injuries and loss.
In-Vehicle Safety Devices
- Air Bags: The air bag is best used in combination with wearing a safety belt, and can prevent injuries and fatalities in front-end collisions.
- Sensing System Backed Up: When a vehicle gets very close to any object a proximity sensor fixed in the rear portion of car, it warns the driver. This is an optional feature in many cars and usually found in large sized SUV’s.
- Interior Materials Absorbing Impacts: These materials provide cushioning and padding on armrests and dashboards helping to minimize the effect of bumps. To major extent it avoids cuts and bruises when any crash occurs.
- Seat Belts: Body movement is limited by seat belts when the vehicle is driven with sudden changes in direction or speed. It helps to keep you steady in one fixed position, on your seat. You will not be bounced or thrown away from your seat. In-fact, this helps the positioning of airbags in an effective way for its purpose to be served.
Exterior Safety Features
- Car windshields designed can withstand high pressure to avoid the vehicle from severe cracking when rode daily. They are equipped along with wipers, defogging and defrosting features. Many SUV’s are also built with fog lights to sustain in foggy weather and for better visibility.
- To protect driver and passengers from flying open while the car is on move, door locks are placed in a better way. If driving along with any children, back seats are fitted with safety locks to prevent any accidents if the door opens automatically. Also, there are safety features fit in trunk and hood of the car.
It’s always an intelligent option to check for all safety devices installed while buying your car instead of landing in paying high premium rates.