A worst crash which ever happened between a car and a bicyclist occurred in U.S, since then both are at odds. When any car collides with the bicycle, the consequences of it is always worst for the bicycle rider. As per the records of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 750 cyclists were killed in road accidents and nearly 50,000 were injured badly in the year 2008. The accident rate was high majorly in urban areas usually in day time by evening. Sadly, most of the accidents occurred killed a child between age group of 10 to 15 years.
Looking at the rate at which bicyclists accident was happening, Wisconsin state government rolled out few rules and regulations in order to avoid such incidents.
- Maintain a distance of 3 foot between you and the bicyclist. Give them clearance.
- When you take turns while driving, give yield to bicyclists the way you give it to a car.
- Be very careful specially when driving by neighbor hoods or near by schools. Pave way for kids.
- When moving your car from parking lot or while opening car doors, look behind for cyclists.
- When you are driving behind a bicycle, slow down while taking turns at any intersection. Do not try to over take them. This might lead to a collision.
Measures to be Taken by Cyclists
- Even the cyclists have to follow the same traffic rules as any vehicles. Ride in the same lane, check for signals, yield in a right way for other vehicles or bicycles and follow the traffic accordingly.
- While cycling at night or in dark, wear reflectors or headlights. Ensure the headlights are clearly visible till certain distance for other vehicles nearing you.
- Ride with a helmet.
- Do always signal before you take turns.
Its been seen the that teen drivers in Ohio are facing an increase number of riskiness and distractions. In the mean time, with the rising teen driving laws and many public schools across the country are offering driver’s education classes. Teen drivers are inclined to be less disciplined who can contribute to higher chances of road accidents during the coverage period. Nevertheless, to lower your teen car insurance costs there are several ways that can help.
Teen Drivers and Car Insurance
When the cost is considered auto insurance and young drivers do not really go together. Ohio teen car insurance is more expensive than an other policy. The fact that like everyone else teens do need the car insurance. Driving record of the person is one of the set off thing that insurance companies look into when quoting an auto insurance. Young drivers in Ohio who pose a good driving record may have merit consideration that means parents should guide their teens to follow the rules and to avoid aggressive driving. It is a must for every teen in Ohio to know about the types of traffic violation, speeding and reckless driving. Teens must try to realize that driving is a privilege and not something we are all entitled to.
Safe Driving Tips For Teens
When your looking to insure your teen driver in Ohio the extra car safety features do can make a huge difference on the car insurance premium. So when looking for insurance quotes for your teens try compare the rates of few insurance companies. Enrolling teens in driving school make eligible make them eligible for a policy discount by enrolling them in driving school. It is essential improve driving among teens know the resolution of driving and risks, hands-on implementation behind the wheel. Graduated licensing systems, drivers’ education and driving programs for teens which provides necessary information and safe driving opportunity for your teens.