Are Riot, Strike and Malicious damages covered under my Texas home insurance policy?

There are several natural disasters that could put your Texas home in danger: house fires or wind damage and flooding from hurricanes. You probably know whether or not your current homeowners insurance policy covers those things or not. But what about riots, strikes and malicious damage done to your home or property? That kind of coverage was probably not used as a selling point when you bought your current home insurance policy.

The answer is: yes, you can purchase coverage for such man-made disasters, and it may be a part of the policy which you currently own. Typically actions like riots, strikes and malicious damage fall under the broad form of insurance which also includes explosions, theft, falling objects, smoke and damage caused by vehicles and aircraft. A quick read-through of your current policy should tell you if you’re covered. If you’re not, it’s always good to err on the side of caution, so when you’re ready to buy a new home insurance policy, you should opt for one that covers these harmful acts.

If you’re looking for cheaper coverage, or just a new policy, it’s really simple to get insurance quotes online and compare them from the comfort of your home. Simply fill out the form on our website and submit it to get a list of companies who will insure your home. This first step takes just a few minutes! From there, read through the list of insurance providers and compare the prices and coverage options and make a decision. If you need help understanding the coverage and other jargon, give us a call; we’re always glad to help. While this latter part may take an hour or two, the amount of money you could save is well worth the effort you put forth.

When you’re ready to find cheaper insurance that covers a riot, strike or malicious damage, contact us today. We’re here to help answer any questions that you have and to help you find the right policy for your insurance needs.