In most of the countries driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated / driving is a criminal offense. The only reasons for most of the auto accidents and injuries in highway are due to fatalities related to alcohol, a number exaggerated, or due to any of the participants is suspected of consuming alcohol beverages in an accident, even the smallest amount, regardless of whether the the cause for the accident was that person or not. Each and every death and single injury is totally preventable which is caused by drink and drive. In the recent decades the proportion alcohol-related crashes has dropped drastically, and such preventable accidents are still many. Unfortunately, this driving with alcohol-impaired is still a serious national problem in spite of great progress, which affects many victims annually.
DUI/DWI Mandate Laws
In most of the states during a suspension driving privileges can be restored, the restored privileges usually comes out with limitations, but the special hardship must be shown by the drivers. Interlock devices tries to analyze through the driver’s breath and may disable the ignition if the driver has found to be drunk. Most of the states in U.S require DWI and DUI offenders to set up the interlocks on all the vehicles for a safe drive during a suspension of license and the devices are required for a specified time limits even before fully re-licensing the offenders. License revocation or suspension usually follows conviction for alcohol-impaired driving. Administrative license suspension is a procedure under which licenses can be taken before conviction. Since the occurrence of administrative suspension license occurs immediately, sanctions for post -conviction are found less effective.
- Impounding or confiscating license plates to indicate that the driver’s license is revoked or suspended for offenses due to alcohol.
- Young to restrict themselves from night driving
- Electronically monitoring repeated DWI offenders.
- By dialing 911 on your cell phones you can report the drunken drivers and drivers involving in it to the law enforcement authorities.
- Mandating education about alcohol and driving prospective to drivers in every state and adequately testing them in their driver’s exams.