Everyone is busy decorating their Christmas tree with bells, toys, lights, flowers and many more. Be it on the streets, stores, shops, malls and even at home you will find a Christmas tree. Unfortunately, there is always some risk involved with decorating the tree, be it artificial or real, short or 10 feet tall. Below are some safety precautions which on following can prevent the catastrophes.
As per the survey made by National Fire Protection Association, Christmas tree fire does not occur frequently but yes when occurs it causes serious injuries, home damage and even death. A small spark created by lights or nearby fire place is enough to ignite the fire. Hence, make sure to thoroughly check for faulty wiring or any frays. Place your Christmas tree far from fireplace or heat sources. A report also says a watered tree is less likely to catch the fire than the dry ones.
If you have children or pets at home then you will have to be more cautious. The small lights or ornaments used to decorate the Christmas tree looks more attractive to kids or pets. They tend to pull them out of curiosity which can cause a choking hazard. Ensure to keep such items far away from kids or pets, out of arms reach.
Everyone would love to decorate the Christmas tree with more of lights and crowd it with possible electrical outlets which easily piles up to cause an electrical shock. The tree alone would not cause any harm, so make sure to check if all the lights are in good working condition. Also, do not load the outlets, instead use power strips to handle all the plugs. With all these in mind, now you are all ready to decorate your Christmas tree. Merry Christmas!