With auto insurance rates seemingly always on the rise it can be beneficial to consider purchasing vehicles with lower monthly premiums. In Texas having car insurance is not only necessary to protect your vehicle it is also required by law. Choosing a car that has a high safety rating, low repair costs, and is less likely to be stolen can significantly reduce auto insurance rates. Here are a few vehicles that will keep insurance costs at a minimum while providing a great driving experience.
1. Jeep Wrangler – This all purpose vehicle has a high safety rating and low repair costs
2. Ford Escape – A smaller SUV, has a relatively low price and strong safety rating
3. Mercury Grand Marquis – A five-star safety rating leads to higher safety rating
4. Ford Ranger – This pick-up is one of the cheapest on the market and has a low theft rate
5. Chevrolet Equinox – The SUV/Mini-van hybrid has accident avoidance features and high crash rating scores
These vehicles all carry relatively inexpensive auto insurance premiums. Texas drivers looking to reduce their car insurance payments would be wise to look into vehicles that provide function over flash. Instead of going for a brand new, high-end convertible try finding a pre-owned SUV that comes with a strong safety rating. By picking a safe and inexpensive vehicle drivers can cut down on auto insurance costs and spend their hard-earned money on more entertaining options.
When you buy online car insurance, prices are ultimately decided by your driving record. If you’re a dangerous driver, comparing auto insurance rates is an exercise in futility. Sure, you may save a few dollars, but in the end your actions behind the wheel will negate any savings you can scrape up. Here are a few more moves that some of the worst drivers usually make, and which you should avoid.
- Texting at the Wheel: If you’re the type of person who wants to chase down the person in front of you that’s been weaving all over the road while texting, you’re probably the last person to ever get caught doing the same. But if you’re someone that doesn’t have the willpower to wait until you get to your destination before you text, don’t be surprised if your accident record leaves you with high rates when comparing auto insurance prices.
- Making Out at the Wheel: Being in love is a wonderful thing, but being in an accident can put a serious damper on any romantic moment. If you just can’t wait to plant one on your significant other’s lips until you get to where you’re going, pull the car over or get a room—but stop putting other people’s safety in jeopardy.
- Eating at the Wheel: We all know time is precious and sometimes there aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done while still fitting in time for a quality meal. Just bear in mind that chowing down on a chili dog while cruising at 70 m.p.h. puts you and everyone else around you in jeopardy, and likely guarantees high insurance rates.
If you’re old enough to remember the days before the internet, where comparing auto insurance rates would often require an in-person visit to an insurer, you might have good reason to question the validity of websites that offer free quotes—as well as the accuracy of the quotes themselves.
As it turns out, more often than not it’s “user error” that leads to inaccuracies in free online insurance quotes. Remember, auto insurance websites and online comparison tools don’t just ask you what kind of car you drive and whether or not you consider yourself a good driver—there’s a lot more that goes into the bottom price determination. And if you’re unprepared in any way, you shouldn’t be surprised if there’s a big price difference when it comes time to sign your policy.
Your driving record plays a big part in the quotes you’ll get when comparing auto insurance online. If you conveniently forget to mention a major infraction, the quote amount will change drastically once the insurance company investigates your driving record. Your credit score also plays heavily into the kind of rate you’ll get, so knowing where you stand with the credit bureaus is also key to getting an accurate online quote.
The bottom line: if you’re going to shop for insurance online and you want a firm quote, be prepared for complete honesty and transparency.
If you’re like most Americans, you spend thousands of dollars each year on auto insurance. No matter how satisfied you are with your insurance carrier, it’s a financially sound idea to periodically compare auto insurance to find out if there’s a better deal out there.
When you compare auto insurance quotes, it’s important to realize that there are a number of factors that influence insurance rates. Geographic location is one of them.
- Traffic. The amount of traffic in your area can greatly affect your insurance rates, because an area that’s often congested with traffic has a relatively high accident rate.
- State. Besides that, the state you live in plays a key role. If you compare auto insurance rates in Washington or New York with those in Idaho or Maine, you’ll see the first are much higher.
- Neighborhood. When you compare auto insurance, you’ll also see that the neighborhood you live in determines a large part of your insurance rates. If you live in an inner city neighborhood with high crime rates, you’ll be paying much more than if you live in a quiet suburb with low crime rates. Additionally, the distance you live from a police station can affect your car insurance rates, as well as whether you store your car in a garage or park it on the street.
When you compare auto insurance, you’ll see your geographic location reflected in your quotes. Consulting with a professional car insurance agent makes it easier to compare auto insurance quotes and can help you get the best deal. Contact AgentInsure today to request your free quotes!
Are you searching for a way to get an instant auto insurance quote without the hassle of calling one insurance provider after another to get the information you need? If so, you may want to use Internet resources to find the information you need to make an accurate comparison of insurance rates.
The Old Way
It use to be that in order to compare auto insurance rates, drivers had to call multiple insurance providers or set up appointments with different insurance agents in order to get auto insurance quotes. There was no such thing as an instant auto insurance quote. This old method of shopping for car insurance could take days or even weeks. Insurance providers make you fill out stacks of paperwork or put you on hold while they search their database for a single rate quote. It isn’t hard to get frustrated and angry over the entire car insurance process.
Not wanting to deal with all of the hassle, many car insurance buyers decide to settle with one insurance provider before making a comparison. Decisions made in haste can be costly or place the car insurance buyer in a contract that is not easy to get out of if they decide they are unhappy with their insurance provider’s services. It is never smart to purchase auto insurance without making a comparison of multiple insurance providers.
The Internet Way
With the introduction of the World Wide Web, so many things have been made faster and easier than ever before. One thing that has been made easier is shopping for auto insurance. By using websites dedicated to providing an instant auto insurance quote, drivers can eliminate the hassle and frustration they use to experience with the old methods of shopping for insurance. Internet resources help to provide insurance rate quotes quickly. Some websites even make it possible for drivers to receive more than one auto insurance quote at a time. With just a few simple mouse clicks, an instant auto insurance quote is sent to the insurance buyer via email. Shopping for car insurance online takes as little as ten minutes.
When using a website to look for an instant auto insurance quote, you’ll first be asked a series of questions about your car, where you live and your driving history. All of this information is used in order to provide a rate quote that is personalized to your insurance needs. Remember to only provide this information to secure, trustworthy websites. Once you have filled out the short questionnaire, you will be asked about what type of insurance you would like to include in your rate quote. By adding more coverage, your cost of insurance can go up. It’s a good idea to have done a little bit of research before hand in order to know what type of insurance you will need. After submitting your insurance coverage options, the website will begin searching for and instant auto insurance quote within your specifications. Use the information provided by the website to purchase your auto insurance policy.