Any car insurance policy is a legal contract and begins with declaration page. Every Washington car insurance has it’s own policy number, coverage limits, policy term and information about the insured and also a description of vehicles listed under your policy. Every car insurance policy is unique and has it’s own identification. Your Washington car insurance is a general agreement with a broad statement with all perils and risks covered listed under one form. This also has exclusions specific to events, states, policy types, forms and also circumstances which make them not be covered under your policy. If you have zero knowledge of insurance, the definitions make your concept of insurance clear and will avoid every misunderstanding.
Gather Information Before Shopping
Information you will need to gather before you set out for shopping are:
- Make and model, built year of the vehicle.
- Identification number of the vehicle.
- Any bank or financial institution which financed for your car purchase, it’s details such as name and address.
- Miles driven every year and the way vehicle is being used.
- Primary driver and others if any driving the vehicle.
- Percentage of time vehicle used by each to be covered driver, an estimation of it.
- Any accidents or violations committed, it’s history.
- Safety measures taken or installation of protective devices.
Specific Factors Affecting the Rate
- Your driving record: more the tickets raised or violations committed, more will be the risk covered.
- Your geographic territory: More claims made by urban than rural areas
- Your gender and age: women have less accidents compared to male. Also certain age groups have had more claims.
- Your marital status: lower rates on claims have been showed by married people.
- Vehicle use: Annual mileage depending on car usage resulting in higher risk.
- Make and model of your vehicle: More number of claims are made by sports or luxury cars.