When Christmas is nearing, it marks the holiday season and all set to blow your budget. Even when trying to set money aside, somehow you will still end up spending more than you always planned. Below are the tips to keep your holidays affordable.
- Shop this Christmas: There will be many deals and offers set this Christmas. Be it any decorative items, ornaments, lights etc buy them now and after the celebration keep it aside to make use of it for next year. Most of the items will be marked down by 50-70% the normal price, saving your money for next time.
- Go Green: Instead of buying flowers to decorate, step out and find the green available outside your house. Decorative yet which costs nothing. Fresh sprigs of pine, apothecary and holly can enrich the look.
- Prior Shopping: Try shopping a little earlier than on the Christmas day to get good deals. Prices usually go high on the festive day. Else try to shop after Thanksgiving which gives you good discounts and offers.
- Do not buy in excess: Buying unnecessary and not useful gifts will be a waste of money. Instead plan to buy gifts only for kids. Arrange for a dinner get together to share a meal and not money. Talk to friends and ask for a celebration together and not for exchange of gifts.
- Cost effective party: Partying this holiday is so much of fun. Without breaking your bank account, you can plan a party within your budget. Do not supply a complete bar, instead offer just a wine or beer. Make some time to cook yourself rather than ordering food from caterers. If you cannot make time, then organize a pot luck and have a grand celebration.