With auto insurance rates seemingly always on the rise it can be beneficial to consider purchasing vehicles with lower monthly premiums. In Texas having car insurance is not only necessary to protect your vehicle it is also required by law. Choosing a car that has a high safety rating, low repair costs, and is less likely to be stolen can significantly reduce auto insurance rates. Here are a few vehicles that will keep insurance costs at a minimum while providing a great driving experience.
1. Jeep Wrangler – This all purpose vehicle has a high safety rating and low repair costs
2. Ford Escape – A smaller SUV, has a relatively low price and strong safety rating
3. Mercury Grand Marquis – A five-star safety rating leads to higher safety rating
4. Ford Ranger – This pick-up is one of the cheapest on the market and has a low theft rate
5. Chevrolet Equinox – The SUV/Mini-van hybrid has accident avoidance features and high crash rating scores
These vehicles all carry relatively inexpensive auto insurance premiums. Texas drivers looking to reduce their car insurance payments would be wise to look into vehicles that provide function over flash. Instead of going for a brand new, high-end convertible try finding a pre-owned SUV that comes with a strong safety rating. By picking a safe and inexpensive vehicle drivers can cut down on auto insurance costs and spend their hard-earned money on more entertaining options.