There are may dreadful things in the world and definitely one amongst them is your trip to DMV. Be it any DMV office in any state, there is always a bad crowd. With large number of people waiting for their turn, you will get singled by a fellow patron and end up listening to all his stories for hours together. Sometimes the visit does not just happen once but thrice or even more. It can be a small work of just a name change on license, updating title or change of address on registration, the wait at DMV never ends.
Tips to Remember!
- Lets avoid the trip: Be it a request to duplicate your license, schedule road test or change of address, everything can happen online. You can just schedule the meeting with DMV as per your convenience. Online DMV services are made available in most of the states. Check thoroughly to avoid the trip completely.
- Do not take your child: Kids usually do not have so much of patience to stay at one place for long time. They will start screaming and whining which can cause a lot of stress on you. Better leave them behind with a family friend or relative.
- Do something useful: Instead of wasting your time for hours together, you can get a magazine or novel to gain some information. However, be alert when your number will be called.
- Go prepared: You stand for hours to reach front in the line and realize you have missed out on your id card, insurance policy etc. Find out what needs to be carried and have all the necessary documents ready.
- Smart scheduling: Your time is precious, make best use of it in a smart way. Try and avoid the trips on Mondays and Fridays, instead choose mid week. Do not visit on peak hours, usually at morning 9 or afternoon at 2 after lunch. Mid month is better than first and last day of month. Do not visit before or after a holiday.