A home that can be broken easily and quickly is set as a target by the burglars to pick something valuable. Though you cannot afford a secured system, follow some safety tips to keep your possessions safer.
Home Safety :
- Protecting your home and family from criminal invasion should be high on your list of priorities.
- Ensure that you trim trees and shrubs so that the burglar cannot easily conceal himself.
- Keep exterior lights of your home well lit, especially at the doors or in the rear part of the house, where burglars snuggle through to do most of the work.
- Build rapport with your neighbors. They can help you by eyeing at your home and report to the cop if any suspicious activity takes place at your house when you are away.
- Prepare an inventory of all your valuables. Ensure to take a picture or a videotape record of any personal belongings which are expensive. If possible, store the listed inventory and your insurance at different location. It will benefit you when both the home insurance company and the police need to identify goods stolen.
What needs to be done if your house is robbed :
If your house is robbed then you need to follow few instructions
- Call the police immediately and inform them about the robbery.
- List out the items which are stolen.
- Your insurance company should be informed.
- Always keep the insurance policy safe and take it to police station, because it will be very helpful while claiming for the loss. You will receive a check after your insurance company evaluates your total loss.