Buying car insurance is the important thing that should be on the top of your mind. One should know what your insurance policy covers and what are the necessary insurance protection required. If you are not having insurance then you will end up paying dollars. Liability insurance pays your lawyer to help you defend any lawsuit or claim. Car insurance is an important purchase. Understand your policy properly to protect yourself from loss.
If you meet with an accident, you should :
- Stay calm.
- Call the respective authorities and inform them about the injuries that happened.
- Check where you are injured and apply first aid if it is necessary
- Record the address,name and phone number of the driver. Note down the license number and model of the vehicle involved in the accident.
- Collect the phone numbers, names and addresses of all the witness and the passengers.
- Take a snap of the accident spot.
- Keep a copy of the police report from the investigating officer.
- Notify about the accident to your car insurance immediately. Contact your agent also immediately.
Follow the below tips when you meet with an accident.
- If you have met with an accident, your car insurance company will protect you financially for the limits you have for your car damage and the injuries you have got due to accident.
- Check whether the state you stay will have no fault system or tort system.
- If you meet with an accident, try to protect others and yourself.
- Take the help of insurance agents when you are filing a claim.
In case of any loss, the homeowners policy protects you and your family from any damages to your personal property. Different endorsements and the coverages are provided by the home insurance company and these added endorsements meet the individual needs. To rebuild and repair your home this home insurance is needed.
It does not matter whether you are the owner of the house or a tenant, every one needs to have their home insured to protect from any disasters. There are few basic things which you must know before you buy home insurance to protect your living.
Flood Insurance: Catastrophic losses that occur due to floods is the reason why insurance companies are not ready to take up flood insurance. This was the reason to start National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). You cannot buy flood insurance if your local government does not qualify for NFIP. To reduce floods, flood plain management regulations has to be adopted. Many homeowners who stay in the flood prone areas will not be aware that they have to buy this coverage. If you do not live in flood plain area then there is no need for you to buy the flood insurance. The buildings and its contents are covered in the flood insurance.
Earthquake Coverage: In the state of Kentucky, there have been many small earthquakes, though they are not big ones. In Kentucky the risk of serious earthquake is fairly low so the insurance companies sell the earthquake endorsements. Coverages are comparably cheaper here. Higher will be the deductible rates and ranges from 3 to 5 percent of the home’s replacement cost. Frame houses are more safe than brick or masonry houses because these houses are more prone to damages when there is an earthquake. You’ll have to pay more earthquake coverage for brick houses.