- The age of the home: Many people do not insure their house if its more than 25 years old. Complete with pre-inspection check before you are granted with the coverage.
- The age of the roof, plumbing, electrical wiring, etc. : If your house is old, your home insurance company will not know when you have replaced or upgraded your roofing, plumbing items. Before you are granted with the coverage, inspection is required for all the items. You should produce documented proof to home insurance company to show that the items have been replaced.
- The location of the home : If your home is located in a very risky area then many of the insurers will not insure. If you are located in a wind pool area, insurers will not cover for wind.
- The occupancy of the home :
- If somebody else other than owner is staying in your place or if the house is vacant, insurers will not insure it.
- You need to ask for renters policy if a renter is shopping.
- Landlords package policy can be purchased if the owner of the house is shopping and if he is planning to rent the house.
- If your house is vacant and the owner is planning to buy the policy, then he can ask the company to write for dwelling policy.
- Animals on the premises: If your house is located on a farmland with animals many insurers may not insure the house. If you are having many breeds of dogs then the insurer might deny to give the coverage to the owner.
- Claims experience of the applicant: Claims history will be considered by all insurance companies.
- Credit history of the applicant: Most insurance companies consider the credit history and depending upon that, your insurance premium will increase or decrease.
The rate of your insurance can be determined by the kind of vehicle you have. While providing a quote for you from the Alabama car insurance company, theft rate and vehicles value is always considered. Its not only Alabama car insurance company which considers this but many car insurance companies do. Your insurance cost may increase depending upon the area of residence which is another important factor. If you are living in a rural area, your insurance cost will be less when compared to living in a city. This is because in cities, cases like damage of the car due to violations, accidents will be more. How often you drive your car also determines your price of the car insurance because the more you drive more chances are there of meeting with accidents. If you are involved with the accident or traffic violation you will be charged high price.
You can suspend your car insurance coverage to save some premium amount if no one is driving your car for a long time. Many car insurance companies do not allow the coverages to be suspended.
- You can suspend your car coverages by contacting your state insurance department and also your agent for policy limitations and specific laws applicable in Alabama. When you are deployed, contact your agent to know whether the coverages like collison, liability, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured and personal injury protection can be suspended or not.
- To avoid yourself from being fined for failure on maintaining insurance, you will have to file an affidavit on non-use of motor vehicle to your state departm. If you have suspended the coverage, money will not be recovered if your vehicle is damaged due to weather, flood or vandalism, hit and run case.